BLT Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
- Q: What types of payment do you accept?
- A: We accept Discover, American Express, Visa, and MasterCard credit cards. You may also purchase by pre-paying with a check, money order, or wire transfer (a $25.00 fee is added to wire transfer orders.) Goverment and educational organizations may purchase on net terms. Businesses which have submitted a credit application and have been approved, may also purchase on net terms. More information on net terms purchasing is available here.
All of these forms of payment are accepted right here on the website. You do not need to contact us to perform a wire transfer, pay by check, or submit a purchase order. When checking out, our order form will allow you to select any of these payment options.
If this is your first order with us, and your credit card billing address, or your shipping address are not within the United States, you will be required to supply front and back images of your credit card by secure upload or email. We will not process your order without these images. Complete instructions are provided on the order entry page, and will also be emailed to you, after placing your order.
We currently do not accept credit cards or checks for orders associated with Indonesia, Singapore, Nigeria, and all former Soviet Union countries. We only accept payments by wire, for shipments involving those countries.
- Q: When do you charge my credit card?
- A: We charge your credit card only when your order is ready to ship. If your order isn't in stock or your order is being exported, we will verify that your card has sufficient funds to cover the order, however, we won't charge it until the order ships.
- Q: Why did you charge me twice? I need a refund!
- A: We charge your credit card only when your order is ready to ship. Sometimes, it may appear that we have charged your card twice, or charged your card before the item is in stock, especially if you check your statement online frequently. Rest assured, that only one charge will be processed through for your purchase and only when your order ships. Any initial authorization amounts will disappear from your statement, usually within 3 to 5 days, depending upon your bank.
- Q: Do you charge sales tax? What about international duties and taxes?
- A: We collect sales tax for shipments to Connecticut. We do not collect tax for any other states at this time. Your shopping cart will show you the total tax for your order after you've submitted your shipping information, prior to submitting your order.
Most international destinations impose duties and tariffs, over which our company has no control, and cannot estimate for you, and we will not declare merchandise as "gifts", "replacements", or at reduced values as this violates US export law.
- Q: Do you accept Purchase Orders? Can we purchase this on Net Terms?
- A: Purchase Orders are accepted for, and financing is provided to, US government and US educational institutions, and most US and Canadian businesses. Individuals, other international entities, orders under $100.00, and orders over $20,000.00 do not qualify. Complete requirements on and instructions for net terms purchasing can be found here.
- Q: I've never heard of you. Can I trust you?
- A: We're earn our living from this business, and certainly would not still be here if we aren't trustworthy. Find out more about Bottom Line Telecommunications.
- Q: How can I see if you have something in stock? Is the stock shown accurate?
- A: There are two ways to view an item's availability. Every item in our catalog has its own page, which can contain a picture of the product, a brochure, specifications, and availability. You can view the availability by simply scrolling to the middle of the page. Click here for an example.
You may also be viewing a catalog listing page, where several items are listed at once (click here for an example.) If so, click the product's Item Number, to check real time inventory. The Item Number is the six or seven character number in the leftmost column. Another browser window will open up, displaying the stock condition of the item. You can also click the Details link to view availability.
Both options display identical information. Additionally, if a list of warehouses is displayed, please carefully read the information beneath them for additional stock information.The stock information shown is REAL-TIME and accurate. It is based upon the same system we use internally, and what you see is exactly what we see.
- Q: What is the status of my order?
A: One business day after you've submitted your order, you can check its status online via our Order Status function. Also, be sure you read your email at least once a day. That's how we'll keep in touch with you regarding your order.
- Here's what happens to your order after you've placed it:
- If you are using an international credit card or shipping to an international location, an email is sent notifying you of the stock status of the items on the order, and reiterating that you must supply images of your credit card, before your order is processed any further.
If your credit card and shipment are domestic, or you've supplied the credit card images for your international order, then the card is checked for sufficient funds to cover the order.
If the card is declined, you are notified that the order has been temporarily cancelled, and you must contact us with another credit card, clear sufficient funds on the original card, or place the order again online with a different credit card.
If the card is approved, you are sent an email, notifying you of the stock status of the items on your order. Items that are in stock, are listed with an estimated ship date from our warehouse to you. Items that are not in stock, are listed with an "ETA", which is an Estimated Time of Arrival from the manufacturer, into our warehouses.
- If your order is qualified for free ground shipping:
- We process and ship the in-stock portion of your order immediately, and email you a confirmation. If some items are out of stock, we'll include an ETA for those items in your confirmation. Be sure to check your order's status online for updated ETA's. There are no additional shipping charges when the back-ordered items ship.
- If your order is not qualified for free ground shipping:
- If everything is in stock, we process and ship your order immediately. If some items are not in stock, we will ask you in the email, whether we should split up your order, shipping in stock items now, or hold the order until all items are in stock. You order is then halted, until we receive a reply. If we don't receive a reply within 7 business days, we email you again. If you don't reply within 48 hours, we cancel your order.
Within three business days of shipping, a receipt is emailed containing tracking numbers, tracking links, and totals.
- Q: How do I cancel an order?
- In stock orders and all factory direct shipments:
Due to the speed of our service, orders for in-stock items and factory direct shipments cannot be cancelled. Please do not ask us to do so as it is impossible. If you decide after ordering, that you do not want the item(s) ordered, you can refuse delivery and will receive a refund minus freight and handling charges, and a $5.00 or 5% restocking fee (whichever is greater). Internationally shipping orders and orders shipping via US Mail cannot be cancelled once the items have left the warehouse for the freight forwarder, without incurring freight charges and a $5.00 or 5% restocking fee (whichever is greater). If we have already charged your credit card and you dispute the charge without allowing us at least 45 days to perform a refused shipment refund, a $25.00 chargeback rebuttal fee will be deducted from your refund (or charged to your card.)
- Out of stock orders:
- You are free to cancel your order after 24 hours without penalty, assuming stock has not arrived. If stock has arrived, then your order cannot be cancelled as noted above. To cancel an out of stock order, simply email us and please include your order number (located in the subject line of any email you've received from us.)
- Q: What if my product is defective and I want to return or replace it?
- A: You must request a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number to return or replace your merchandise. Please read our Return Policy for complete details. Never send your product back to the warehouse address listed on the shipping label. Returns are not accepted at our shipping warehouses. Doing so will result in a very lengthy delay in processing a refund, or possibly no refund at all. After you've requested an RMA number, we will provide you with the proper return address and all the necessary information you need to return or replace your product.
- Q: What does "NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGES" mean?
- A: Some manufacturers and suppliers require us to enforce a more restrictive return policy on their items. These restrictions (if any) are noted in the product's description and supersede our standard return policy. For example, if an item contains "(NO RETURNS OR EXCHANGES)" in the product's description, that means you cannot return the item to us, and we cannot replace it, for any reason (other than damage during shipping). In other words, the sale of that item is final, and you must contact the manufacturer for any assistance with replacing or repairing the item.
Some items can only be returned if unopened. On others, we can only accept returns or ship replacements if defective. Some items can only be returned or replaced within a specific number of days. By carefully reading the item's description for such notations, you will know whether anything you wish to purchase is subject to a special return restriction.
It is important to note that none of these restrictions apply to the manufacturer assisting you or replacing your item under its warranty (if one is provided by that manufacturer.) In fact, most special return policies are the result of manufacturers wanting to work directly with you. Lastly, these additional restrictions if present, are not by our choice. We are simply following the rules as given to us by various manufacturers and suppliers.
- Q: How do I order online right now, without calling you?
- A: The first step is to find what you want. You most likely arrived at our site from a search engine like Google or Yahoo. From that point, you were directed to a page in our Online Catalog containing the item you were looking to purchase. If that didn't happen, then try our Search feature, where you can search our complete database of products. If a match is found in the search, click the item description, and you'll be brought to the page where the item is listed in our Online Catalog.
Each item in the catalog has its own page, showing availability (if possible) and any specifications. You purchase the item by specifying the quantity you want, and clicking the "purchase" button. You'll then be brought to a page displaying everything in your Shopping Cart. From there, you can change quantities, check out, or continue shopping. Your Shopping Cart will retain its contents for up to seven days, if you leave the site. You can view your Shopping Cart contents from any page on our site by clicking the "View Cart" link at the top of the page.
Assuming you are satisifed with your selections, and you're ready to finalize your purchase, you must either press "Check Out" or "Secure Check Out". If your browser does not support Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption (though most every browser does these days), then you'll have to press the "Check Out" button, otherwise just press "Secure Check Out;"
Next, you will be presented with our Terms of Sale & Return Policy. After reading this document, go to the bottom of the page, where one of two options must be selected - "I agree, proceed to secure check out." or "I agree, proceed to check out.". If you don't agree with our policy, then you cannot order from us. If you do agree, then select the secure option or normal option, depending on your browser.
The next page is where you will enter your shipping and billing information. It is self-explanatory, and your data will be checked for errors after you press the "Submit" button. If there are any errors, you will be told at the top of the page, and allowed to make any necessary corrections before actually placing the order. After you've sucessfully entered your information, you'll be shown your Shopping Cart contents again, this time with any applicable taxes, shipping, handling, and the order total. (Click here for more info on shipping charges and estimates.)
To place the order, click the "PLACE ORDER" button. The next, and final screen, will be a copy of the order you just placed, which you can print out, if desired. A copy will also be emailed to you. Your order will be handled by the next available representative, and a confirmation will be emailed to you. What happens next?
- Q: I'd rather FAX, or call in my order. Is that possible?
- A: Absolutely. Visit the FAX Order page, to print out an order form, which you can FAX to either office. If you would rather place your order by voice, you can reach us at the telephone numbers displayed at the bottom of each page (more information is available on our Contact page. We'll treat your order with the same diligence as any other order.
- Q: Why do some products list only a "Suggested Price" or no price at all?
- A: Some manufacturers do not allow us to advertise our low price on their items. If we do not comply, then we may be prevented from selling their items. Generally, we are allowed to sell their items at whatever price we wish, but we cannot advertise that price. To purchase such an item at our true selling price, simply add it to your shopping cart. Shopping carts are not subject to these restrictions as they are not an advertisement, and our shopping cart will show you unadvertised item prices before you check out.
- Q: Why do some products refer to an "IMP Price"? What is that?
- A: Some manufacturers do not allow us to sell their items in an online transaction for our low price. This is called different things but we will refer to it as an Internet Minimum Price (IMP) policy. If we advertise and sell online at any price lower than dictated by the manufacturer, we may be prevented from selling any of their items. You are not required to purchase any item we sell solely through our website at an IMP price. We have a sales staff available to take your order over the phone at the number(s) listed on our contact page. Telephone orders are not subjected to any minimum pricing policies, and our staff will be happy to discuss our pricing with you on any IMP priced items.
- Q: Why do some products have "Email/Call" listed as their price?
- A: There are two reasons for this. The first is that the product may require some special authorization, licensing, configuration, etc., and we need to discuss this with you first. The second, and most common reason, is that we need to manually quote you a price due to the cost of the product. Chances are that we can supply you with a better price on these large ticket items than what the website would generate, and we want to provide you the absolute best price possible.
- Q: If I want to buy in bulk, can you help?
- A: Absolutely. Drop us an e-mail with the Item number(s), and the quantity you're looking for, and we'll get a quote right out to you.
- Q: "XYZ, Inc." is selling this for $XXX? Can you match or beat them?
- A: Before we answer that question, we have some for you, because you need to know the facts to make an intelligent decision. Are they really selling it for that price? Did you take into account their shipping and handling charges? What about their "processing" charges? What if you don't like what you bought? Are you ready to pay their 15% restocking charge, and only get back 85 cents out of each dollar you spent? That's assuming you can ever really talk to a human being and have your problem taken care of. After all, aren't you the least bit concerned that "XYZ, Inc." is only in business to make money from their advertisers? And we all know how well that plan isn't working. How much attention do you think they're really going to give you, if you have a problem? After all, they're losing money from your business.
You really need to consider all of these factors, before you purchase from these so-called "at-cost" merchants. We don't make our money from advertising. We aren't in business to lose money. This company is customer service orientated from the ground up. We don't have one telephone number for sales, and one for problems where you wait on hold for an eternity. We have two main telephone numbers, for all questions, ordering, faxing, etc. And, if every rep is busy helping out another customer, you don't wait on hold -- you leave a message, and the next rep calls you back. Our re-stocking fee is 5% (that's five percent), and it is only for non-defective returns, and refused shipments.
So, are you ready to buy from a company that cares, and makes its profits from you? Or, would you prefer to do business with a company that makes its money from advertisers, is on its way to bankruptcy, and could not care less about you? The US government, many well known educational institutions, Fortune 100 companies, and countless everyday people have made the right decision. Some of them have tried "XYZ, Inc.", and learned the hard way. Instead of asking us about their price, you should really be asking XYZ, Inc., "Bottom Line Telecommunications sells this for $XXX, which is a little more than you, but they really care about my business and satisfaction. Do you?"
So, do we price match, or not? We never price match on single quantities of any item. We may price match, if you want to buy more than one of something. But, before you even ask us to match someone else, please be absolutely sure you have their real price, which includes every possible charge they will tack on to their selling price. Once you've got that dollar amount, e-mail us, and we'll see what we can do. Please be prepared to supply the URL or source of your pricing. We must be able to duplicate the price you want matched, to even consider matching it. Again, we may match it, we may not. It depends, but we'll give it our best shot.
- Q: Why don't you like taking my hotmail, gmail, yahoo, etc. email address when my order is over $50.00?
- A: For security purposes, we prefer an email address associated with your ISP or company to help us mitigate fraud.
- Q: How much is shipping and handling?
A: Our shopping cart system will estimate shipping charges for most shipping methods. Add items to your cart for shipping estimates. Shipping and handling charges differ depending upon your location, as follows:
- Shipping in the US:
We ship domestically in the contiguous 48 states using UPS and Federal Express. We also offer US Postal Service methods to AK, AS, FM, GU, HI, MH, MP, PR, PW, and VI only. We use only US Postal Service methods to ship to US military addresses in AA, AE, and AP. We pay for ground shipping in the contiguous 48 United States on most orders of $1,000.00 or more, for items purchased at our published web prices, that ship from our warehouses. For orders less than $1,000.00 shipping by ground, all FedEx orders, all manufacturer direct shipments, all special order shipments, custom priced orders, and heavyweight or very large item shipments, you pay the shipping charges. Our shopping cart system will estimate shipping charges for most shipping methods. These estimates do not apply to the exceptions noted above, and if shipping charges are other than estimated, you will be contacted before your order ships. You can also use your own FedEx account number, if you wish FedEx to bill you shipping directly. We reserve the right to change your shipping method to an equivalent or faster method, at no additional charge to you.
- International and Overseas US Military Shipping:
We ship internationally using the US Postal Service and Federal Express. An $8.00 handling charge applies to all international orders. The shopping cart displays this handling charge, and displays an estimated shipping charge for some US Mail shipping methods. The estimate is based upon the assumed weight of the items ordered, plus packaging, and an averaged freight rate. The estimate shown, however, is not a guarantee of shipping cost, which may be more or less than the estimate. Usually, actual US Mail freight charges are less than estimated. For US Mail methods that are not estimated, you can visit the US Postal Service's website to perform an estimate.
Shipping costs for FedEx international methods are not estimated as they are dependent upon the destination, weight, and dimensions of the order. Therefore, if you want an estimated cost of shipping by FedEx internationally, in advance, you can visit the FedEx website to perform an estimate. The shopping cart displays the estimated weight of each item, before you check out, which will assist you in estimating the shipping costs. We recommend that you use at least a minimum weight of 4 lbs, dimensions of 12 x 9 x 5, and an origin zip code of 06447, when estimating FedEx International rates. Additionally, we provide a 10% discount off the Federal Express published international rates, so you may include that in your calculation. You may use your own FedEx account number, if you wish FedEx to bill you shipping directly.
Lastly, most international destinations impose duties and tariffs, over which our company has no control, and cannot estimate for you, and we will not declare merchandise as "gifts" as this violates US export law.
- Please note that we're not in business to make our money on shipping charges.
- Many other companies sell their products at cost, then grossly overcharge on shipping to make their profit, or have incremented rates ($5.00 minimum, $10.00 if it weighs x amount, $15.00 if it weighs this much, etc.) We think this is unfair and misleading, and have no such scheme. Rest assured, we will do our very best to keep shipping costs to a minimum.
Please read our Terms of Sale & Return Policy for more information on shipping, and for other important information, before placing an order.
- Q: If I order today, when will my order ship?
- Shipping in the US, excluding US Mail methods:
- In-stock FedEx orders ship the same day they are placed, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM eastern time, through 4:45 PM eastern time, depending upon warehouse availability. In-stock UPS Ground orders ship within two business days, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM eastern time, through 4:45 PM eastern time, depending upon warehouse availability. Warehouses close at 5:00 PM, their time zone, so if an item is only available in a closed warehouse, your order will be processed the next business day and ship per the guidelines above. For UPS ground orders, we may delay shipment by one additional business day if a warehouse close to you has already closed for the day. This makes more sense than shipping your order from California, for instance, if you live in New York and we have stock in Pennsylvania. It would take more time for the order to travel across the country from California, than ship to you from Pennsylvania. Of course, this doesn't apply to any FedEx order. We ship those from whichever warehouse is closest and still opened.
Rest assured that we diligently process and ship orders as quickly as possible from the warehouse nearest you. More information is available here.
- International and all orders shipping by US Mail:
- Orders are shipped by ground to a freight forwarder. This usually takes one to five business days. The forwarder then prepares the necessary paperwork, repackages your items in the fewest number of shipping cartons possible, and ships the order to you using the shipping method you selected when you ordered. More information is available here.
- Q: From where will my order ship? Where are your warehouses located?
- Shipping in the US, excluding US Mail methods:
We ship from many different warehouses across the country, which allows us to pick the warehouse closest to you, to get your product to you as quickly as possible. More information is available here.
- International and all orders shipping by US Mail:
Orders are shipped by ground to a freight forwarder. This usually takes one to five business days. The forwarder then prepares the necessary paperwork, repackages your items in the fewest number of shipping cartons possible, and ships the order to you using the shipping method you selected when you ordered. More information is available here.
- Primary Warehouse Locations:
- If you wish to pick up your purchase at a warehouse:
Warehouses are opened from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, their time zone. Orders submitted after 2:00 PM eastern will not be available for pick up until the next business day. We will provide you with the relevant warehouse address after you submit your order. You must allow 3 business hours to elapse after receiving the warehouse address before you arrive there. A photo ID matching the name on the order is required to pick up your purchase.
- Q: How quickly will my order arrive?
- A: That is dependent upon the type of shipping method you select, where you are, and where we have the item. If the item is in stock, we can have it there the same day (in the contiguous 48 United States), and usually within 3 days to other parts of the world. Of course, these are the most costly shipping options. Ground shipment in the contiguous 48 United States is usually within 5 business days, and is usually free of charge for orders of $1,000.00 or more. Mail methods for international shipments can range from 5 to 30 days.
- Q: Can you ship to places outside of the US? How about to overseas US military?
- A: Absolutely. We've made many new international friends throughout the world, and would be happy to call you "friend" too! We also ship to all APO type addresses for the US military. More information is available here. Also, please be sure to read our Return Policy for information on return freight charges.
- Q: I need more information on a product. Can you help me?
- A: On the majority of products, the manufacturers have provided additional technical specifications or information. These products will have links in the "More Info" column named [Specs] and / or [Brochure]. When the [Specs] link is clicked, it will open another browser window containing all the addtitional specifications we have on that item. When the [Brochure] link is clicked, you will download a ZIP file containing a product brochure or additional technical specifications provided by the manufacturer. These links will be missing from the products on which we have no additional information. Every item also has a [Details] link, which will bring you to a page where you can place your order, view specifications, view availability, and download a brochure.
Please note that if you contact us for information on any item listed in the catalog, we're only going to be able to provide you with what is available on the site. In other words, if we have any more information, it's all available here. If we don't, then you should contact the manufacturer, as we won't have any other product information.
- Q: Is everything you sell brand new? Do you sell used or refurbished equipment?
- A: We do not sell used equipment, unless a manufacturer is offering a special through us, to you, on refurbished equipment. These items are specifically described as "REFURB" or "REFURBISHED". Otherwise, every item we sell is brand new, factory sealed. In other words, if the description doesn't mention being refurbished, then it is brand new. Generally there aren't any refurbished items available from us, unless the manufacturer is running an end-user special.
- Q: Can you please send me a catalog in the mail?
- A: Sorry, no. We no longer produce paper catalogs, as they became outdated too quickly. You can view all of the products we carry, as well as any specifications we have on them, in the Online Catalog.
- Q: Do you have drivers for XXXXXX ?
- A: Sorry, no. You should contact the manufacturer, or visit their website for drivers, or product specific questions. Please remember, that we are not a manufacturer of any product on this site, unless the manufacturer is listed as "BLT".
- Q: I bought something you sell from another company, and I'm having a problem with it. Can you help me make it work?
- A: Sorry, no. We are not the manufacturer of the product you own. You will need to contact the merchant who sold you the item, or the manufacturer for technical support.
Before you contact us for assistance, please be sure that you purchased the item from us. Review your email and look for our company name in the Subject (Bottom Line Telecommunications.) Locate your Order number, or PO number, then contact us by email or telephone, and we'll do our very best to help you get the product working, including replacement. More information on that is available here.
- Q: Do you want to buy some used, refurbished, gray market, bulk, or brokered product from me?
- A: No, thank you, and please do not email us with your offers.
- Q: I am a manufacturer and want to talk about you carrying my product lines. What do I do?
- A: Please contact by email to establish a relationship with our company.
- Q: I have a question or problem that isn't answered here. What do I do?
- A: Drop us an e-mail or give us a call. We'll be happy to answer your questions the best we can. Please remember, however, that the manufacturers are the best source for product information and specifications.
We would like to thank all of our customers for making our business a complete success. We will continue to strive to provide you with the personal, responsive service you've come to expect. If you're not already a customer, then try us, and experience the difference in dealing with intelligent people who care about their customers.